Welcome to Telit’s e-Shop!
Your privacy is important to Telit IoT Platforms, LLC ("Telit"). This statement provides information about the personal information that Telit collects, and the ways in which Telit uses this information.
We will keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information that you provide to us. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, it means any information related to an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What information do we collect from merchants and why?
- We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details.
- We need this information to provide you with our Services, for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, and invoice you.
- We collect data about the Telit-hosted webpages that you visit and how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We need this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
- Upon completing the sign-up process for the e-Shop and depending on your location, we may create a Telit Payments account on your behalf. If you activate a Telit Payments account), we collect your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth (if you are an individual business owner), bank account information and government identification information, such as your Social Security Number or your Social Insurance Number.
- We need this information to create a Telit Payments account for you, to provide you with Telit Payments services, including fraud and risk monitoring, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect Personal Information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
Information From Telit e-Shop Website Visitors And Support Users
What information do we collect and why?
- From Telit website visitors, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address. We may also receive Personal Information when you purchase something.
- From telephone support users, we collect your phone number and call audio.
- From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- From forum users, we collect your name, email address and website URL.
We use this information to service your account, enhance our Services, and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit Telit-hosted webpages or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on our website (including forums & blogs). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
Information From Cookies
What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Every device that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
Opting out: You may be able to opt out of customized ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager, and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you use our website without opting out, this means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of providing you with remarketing ads.
When And Why Do We Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
Telit works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required by law to share information with third parties. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Personal information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
Except when required by law, Telit will never disclose your Personal Information without obtaining your consent
What Do We Do With Your Personal Information When You Terminate Your Relationship With Us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What We Don’t Do With Your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- We do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to contact or market to your customers or directly compete with you. However, Telit may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
How Do We Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. We are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Telit cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
How Do We Protect Your Information Across Borders?
- Telit may transmit Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction of residence. Telit remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Telit. A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Telit.
Access To Your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, Telit takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend or delete personal information that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, please contact Telit by e-mail: eShop@telit.com or by phone: 561-982-9898.
Last updated on: June 1st , 2016